Dear Chamber Members and Partners,
These are challenging times for Canadians and residents of countries around the world. The Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Governments have taken broad sweeping measures to protect Canadians from the COVID – 19 virus.
The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce will take all necessary steps to protect and assist our business community. This includes protecting our Membership, Board of Directors and Staff with policies and procedures to mitigate health and financial issues to the best of our abilities.
COVID – 19 has wide-sweeping effects on our business community and every day we see new policy and procedural changes as this unprecedented pandemic affects company operations.
We at the chamber understand how devastating this pandemic is on your business and we have met as a board to agree on the chamber’s operations going forward;
- Breakfast Networking Meetings on Thursday mornings will be cancelled up to and including May 14.***
- After Hours Mixers will be cancelled up to and including May 12.***
- Our Monthly Lunches and General Meetings for March and April will be cancelled.
May 20 & June 17 Lunches will proceed unless a re-assessment is needed at a later date.***
All Committee meetings are cancelled unless specific invitations are sent to participants for a special meeting.
The Great Canadian Trade Fair & Sale
- The Trade Fair date is moved from April 17, 18 and 19 to September 18, 19 & 20.
- All Current exhibitors have the option of getting a refund for their April Trade Fair booking or keeping your payment at the chamber for your September booking. Please contact our Events Specialist Madison for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at the chamber feel that the Trade Fair brings great value to the business community, as well as the community as a whole. For this reason, we think a fall Trade Fair will have a positive impact on our community (this assumes that the pandemic will be under control at that time).***
Our Golf Tournament will proceed on June 10 as scheduled unless a re-assessment is needed at a later date! ***
Board Elections will be delayed until May/June as they are conducted at our Luncheon & General Meetings. Details will follow well in advance of the election.***
All meeting room rentals will be cancelled as of March 17. No new room booking reservations will be accepted until May 18. ***
Certificates of Origin Documents
Todd will be available by appointment only on Wednesday mornings to process your documents.
- Our staff are always available via email and phone Monday through Friday, but the physical office is now closed.
- If you have an emergency, please feel free to call Todd Banks anytime at 780-416-3056.
- We will be enhancing our “Shop Local” program to assist local businesses.
- We have a webpage specifically to help members with up to date information for business needs as well as updates from Federal, Provincial and Municipal Governments and Organizations.
Please follow the link to our website www.sherwoodparkchamber.com/covid19
The Chamber Board and Staff would like to assure you that we value your membership and all the goods and services you provide to our community. We also understand the considerable stress you are going through, not only as business people but also with your families and friends. If we can help in any way or if you have any thoughts on how we can help you get through these troubling times, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or phone Executive Director Todd Banks at 780-416-3056.
*** All future dates listed are speculative and may change as we will follow Alberta Health Services’ direction and our Chamber’s Board of Director’s instruction.