Back to Business & Better than Ever!
- Alberta BizConnect
Workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely.
- Alberta Government Relaunch plan template for businesses
The template includes considerations to help guide you as you plan to open. This should be completed using Alberta’s Workplace Guidance for Business Owners, which provides general guidance applicable to all sectors; as well as sector-specific guidelines available on Alberta Biz Connect and any additional requirements of your business or sector association.
- Alberta’s Workplace Guidance for Business Owners
This document has been developed to support business/services (excluding health care settings)in reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among workers, volunteers and patrons.The guidance in this document is applicable to other settings and sectors (e.g., schools and places of worship)
- Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy
Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy puts safety first while gradually reopening businesses, resuming activities and getting people back to work.
- Canadian Business Resilience Network – Roadmap to Recovery
Supporting business and employees through the COVID-19 pandemic is helping to ensure they will be able propel our economic recovery. Includes useful webinars and videos for reopening.
- Business Resilience Service
The Business Resilience Service (BRS) allows you to connect with experienced business advisors from across Canada for guidance on which government relief programs will be most appropriate to support your small- to medium-sized business, not-for-profit or charity on how to respond and reshape amid uncertainty free of charge.
- CBRN’s Reopening Toolkit
This toolkit prepared by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s Canadian Business Resilience Network is designed to provide guidance, or access to guidance, for business owners and senior managers responsible for re-establishing their operations while ensuring the health and safety of operators, staff, customers and the general public is at the forefront.
- Retail Council of Canada – Re-opening guide
To assist retailers in their reopening planning, Retail Council of Canada, in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group and retailers from across Canada, are leveraging global best practices for a diverse range of retail formats with the fundamental aim of ensuring a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Post-COVID-19 Facility Re-entry Guide
This guide is intended to support organizations with COVID-19 re-entry and re-opening planning, specifically with the considerations needed to return to facilities and resume operations. Created by the NAIT Centre for Applied Disaster and Emergency Management.
- Alberta Economic Recovery Council
The Economic Recovery Council has been appointed to provide insight and expert advice on how to protect jobs during the economic crisis stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent collapse in energy prices.
- Government of Alberta COVID-19 orders and legislation
New ministerial orders, orders in council and legislation have been implemented to support Albertans, prevent the spread of COVID-19, and protect our economy.
- Government of Alberta COVID-19 Information
Actions to protect Albertans and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus.
- Alberta COVID-19 Statistics
Interactive aggregate data on COVID-19 cases in Alberta is now available. This data includes age range, sex, geographical area and AHS zone of cases.
- Strathcona County COVID-19 Information
In alignment with Alberta Public Heath’s direction to address COVID-19, Strathcona County has implemented preventative measures to limit the spread of infection and, ultimately, to help keep employees, customers, community and visitors healthy and safe.
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Information
Information, updates, and resources from the Government of Canada.
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Information
Information, updates, and resources from the World Health Organization.
- Alberta Health Services COVID-19 Online Screening
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? The self-assessment is a quick way to ensure you get the testing you may need.
- Help Prevent the Spread Information for Albertans
Take steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by practicing good hygiene, social distancing and monitoring for symptoms.
- Restrictions and recommendations for Mass Gatherings
Restrictions on gatherings are now in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Canadian Business Resilience Network
The latest information, tools and resources businesses need to make it through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alberta Prepares Pandemic Business Checklist
A checklist to help reduce the negative impact an influenza pandemic may have on your organization.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Pandemic Resources
To help support workplaces during the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, CCOHS has made these online products and resources free of charge.
- COVID-19: Canadian home, auto and business insurance information
Answers to FAQs about insurance and a brief Q&A document outlining how business interruption policies work.
- Economic Disaster Recovery Program
Economic Developers Alberta aims to provide our members with the most up to date resources and best practice information on how to prepare for, respond to, and recover their businesses and economies from unanticipated disruptions, such as natural disasters or a man-made crisis.
- International Council of Shopping Centres
ICSC is closely tracking COVID-19 developments on behalf of the retail real estate industry.
- Retail Council of Canada resources for retailers
As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Tips for Alberta Business and Community Leaders Working to Address the Social and Economic Fall-Out from the Coronavirus
Basic tips and guidance for the “invisible disaster” that affects businesses and communities due to changes in consumption, supply chain disruptions, social distancing, and other factors.
- Report COVID-19 Related Fraud
Report online through our Fraud Reporting System.
- Learn in this infographic which levels of government have responsibility and authority to operate, regulate and/or enforce specific services for the public.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.
- Government of Canada Resources for Canadian businesses: COVID-19
Find the support you need for your business.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) supports employers that are hardest hit by the pandemic, and protect the jobs Canadians depend on.
- Canada Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
The Temporary Wage Subsidy is a measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deduction required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
Provide additional support through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Export Development Canada (EDC).
- Business Development Bank of Canada
The Business Development Bank of Canada is the only financial institution devoted exclusively to entrepreneurs.
- Export Development Canada
Export Development Canada supports and develops Canada’s export trade by helping Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
Provides interest-free loans to small businesses and not-for-profits, to help cover their operating costs during a period where their revenues have been temporarily reduced.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
The federal and provincial government have partnered to create the Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) program to help reduce eligible business tenant rent
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
A taxable benefit for eligible workers who have lost their income due to COVID-19.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
Western Economic Diversification Canada, with other Government of Canada partners, is taking action to support tourism and other businesses and workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Temporary changes to Canada Summer Jobs program
The Canada Summer Jobs program provides opportunities for youth to develop and improve their skills within the not-for-profit, small business, and public sectors, and supports the delivery of key community services.
- Student Work Placement Program
Support for post-secondary students to obtain paid work experience related to their field of study.
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit
The federal government has launched the Canada Emergency Student Benefit to help post secondary students and recent graduates get the financial support they need for the summer, and help many get work experience as they start their careers.
- MP for Sherwood Park—Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta: Mr Garnett Genius
- COVID-19 support for employers and employees
Measures to protect businesses and organizations from the economic disruption of COVID-19 and position Alberta for recovery.
- Business Link Alberta
A nonprofit organization that helps people navigate the steps toward starting their own businesses.
- COVID-19 supports for Albertans
Immediate relief for Albertans affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency financial assistance
Financial assistance for unexpected emergencies is available through the Emergency Needs Allowance.
- Government of Alberta Employment Standard Rules
Laws for minimum wage, overtime, holidays, job-protected leaves, vacations, hours of work, earnings, youth workers and termination.
- MLA for Sherwood Park: Mr. Jordan Walker
- MLA for Strathcona-Sherwood Park: the Honourable Nate Glubish
- OHS: Respiratory viruses and the workplace Save
This bulletin gives employers, supervisors and workers information about controlling respiratory virus hazards in the workplace.
- Strathcona County Resources for businesses during COVID 19
Support for your business with the tools, services and expertise to change, respond and innovate to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.