Certificate of Origin document services are available to Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce members only. If you wish to speak to a Chamber representative about the benefits of membership or about our rates, please contact Mike, Member Services Specialist, at
(780) 416-4159 or email email@example.com.
Cost of document certification:
$10 plus gst per 12 stamps
- Issued by a Canadian company in English.
- Accompanied by the proper background documentation.
- Completed Letter of Waiver.
- Issued on our template.
Certification of Certificates of Origin
*The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce can only certify Canadian certificates of origin. We do not certify NAFTA certificates. For more information, please visit cbsa-asfc.gc.ca.
Please note the additional requirements before the following documents can be processed by our representatives.
Certificates of Origin (and related invoice, packing list, bill of lading or waybill)
Certificates of Origin must be accompanied by proof of origin for all items listed on the CO.
Proof may be in the form of:
When goods are manufactured in Canada by the exporter:
(Example: Exporter is the one manufacturing the goods and exporting them.)
- A duly signed manufacturer’s declaration on the company’s letterhead detailing the goods manufactured. (Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce template must be used and can be filed as a blanket – valid for two years); OR
- Valid factory/official license issued by government entity providing reference is made to the manufacturing operations.
When goods are manufactured in Canada by a company other than the exporter:
(Example: Exporter is the one exporting goods purchased from another Canadian source.)
- A duly signed and dated invoice by an authorized representative of the manufacturer or supplier confirming the origin of the goods (3rd party confirmation); OR
- A duly signed and dated declaration from the manufacturer or supplier on the company’s letterhead detailing the goods in question and their origin. (Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce template can be provided and used as a blanket – valid for two years);
When goods were manufactured in a foreign country:
(Example: Exporter is the one exporting goods purchased overseas.)
- A duly signed and dated invoice by an authorized representative of the manufacturer, or supplier, confirming the origin of the goods (3rd party confirmation); OR
- A duly signed and dated declaration from the manufacturer or supplier on the company’s letterhead (in English) detailing the goods in question and their origin; OR
- A foreign Certificate of Origin duly certified by a recognized Chamber of Commerce.
When goods were bought from a third party:
(Example: Exporter buys from a supplier who buys from another party.)
- A duly signed and dated statement from that party, on their company’s letterhead, declaring the origin of the goods in question.
Documents in support of Certificates of Origin must be current (less than 24 months from the date of issue).
When attachments are to be certified, the company’s name and description of the goods on the invoice, packing lists, export declaration, etc. must match the information on the CO.
The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce Cannot Certify the following documents (not an all-inclusive list):
- Certificates of Origin relating to international trade agreements such as NAFTA
- Certificates of Compliance
- Certificates of Value (can be obtained from freight forwarders)
- Certificates of Conformity
- B13 (Canadian Automated Export Declaration)
- Warranty Certificates
- Certificates of Composition or Analysis (weights/materials, etc.)
- Certificates of Insurance
- Certificates of Fumigation
- Certificates of Free Sale
- Confirmation of Price Lists
- Documents issued by the federal or provincial/territorial governments
- Documents issued by foreign entities (government, company, etc)
- Documents with references to quality or human consumption
- Letters of invitation (entry into Canada)
- Personal documents (marriage/death certificates, divorce papers, etc.)
- Documents with boycott clauses or inferring boycotting
- Documents issued in a foreign language
- Certificates of Applicable Legislation
- Certificates of Free Sale; for Certificates of Free Sale for Natural health products (NHPs), Over-the-Counter products (OTCs), Disinfectant, Medical devices, and Low-risk veterinary health products, go to: certificates.chpcanada.ca