Dear Chamber Members and Partners,
We, as Canadians and Albertans, continue to experience challenging times as business owners, managers and residents. The federal, provincial, and municipal governments have taken broad sweeping measures to protect Canadians from the COVID – 19 virus. The wide-sweeping policies and programs that governments have put in place change on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. These measures are required to protect us from this global pandemic, but they continue to have a devastating effect on our business community.
The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce will take all necessary steps to protect and assist our business community. These steps include protecting our membership, board of directors, and staff with policies and procedures to mitigate health, financial and safety issues to the best of our abilities.
We at the chamber understand how devastating this pandemic is on your business and we have met via video conferencing as a board on April 15 for our April board meeting and would like to provide this update of our activities;
- Breakfast Networking Meetings on Thursday mornings are cancelled for the duration of our chamber year ending June 30, 2020.
- After Hours Mixers are cancelled for the duration of our chamber year ending June 30, 2020.
- Our Monthly Luncheon and General Meeting for May is cancelled.
The possibility of a June 17 Luncheon and General Meeting will be discussed at our May Board Meeting.
All Committee meetings are cancelled unless specific invitations are sent to participants for a video conference meeting.
The Great Canadian Trade Fair & Sale
- The Trade Fair date is moved from April 17, 18 and 19 to September 18, 19 & 20.
- All Current exhibitors have the option of getting a refund for their April Trade Fair booking or keeping your payment at the chamber for your September booking. Please contact our Events Specialist Madison for more details at email@example.com.
We at the chamber feel that the Trade Fair brings great value to the business community, as well as the community as a whole. For this reason, we think a fall Trade Fair will have a positive impact on our community (this assumes that the pandemic will be under control at that time).***
Our Golf Tournament date has moved from June 10 to Aug. 26.***
Canada Day Parade
Unfortunately, the Canada Day Parade is cancelled. It will be missed greatly!
Board Elections will be delayed as they usually are conducted at our Luncheon & General Meetings. Details will follow well in advance of the board election.***
All meeting room rentals have been cancelled as of March 17. No new room booking reservations will be accepted up to June 30. ***
Certificates of Origin Documents
Todd will be available by appointment only on Wednesday mornings to process your documents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 3 pm to set up an appointment.
- Our staff are always available via email and phone Monday through Friday, but due to AHS recommendations, the physical office is closed.
- If you have an emergency, please feel free to call Todd Banks anytime at 780-416-3056.
- We will continue enhancing our “Shop Local” program to assist local businesses.
- We have a webpage specifically to help members with up to date information for business needs as well as updates from federal, provincial and municipal governments and organizations.
Please follow the link to our COVID-19 Business Resources page at www.sherwoodparkchamber.com/covid19
The Chamber Board and Staff would like to assure you that we value your membership and all the goods and services you provide to our community. We also understand the considerable stress you are going through, not only as business people but also with your families and friends. If we can help in any way or if you have any thoughts on how we can help you get through these troubling times, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or phone Executive Director Todd Banks at 780-416-3056.
*** All future dates listed are speculative and may change as we follow Alberta Health Services’ direction and our Chamber’s Board of Director’s instruction.