Dear Chamber Members and Partners,
We, as Canadians and Albertans continue to experience challenging times as business owners, managers, and residents. The Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Governments applied broad sweeping measures to protect Canadians from the COVID-19 virus and those measures, which were required to protect us from this global pandemic which has had a devastating effect on our business community. Alberta now has 69.3% of its residents 12 years + fully vaccinated and 77% of the 12 years plus have received at least one dose. This high vaccination rate of our residents has allowed Alberta Health Services and the Provincial Government to eliminate or relax many of the restrictions that were placed on businesses and residents. We as a board and the staff at the chamber are monitoring the situation and with the increasing numbers of active cases (11,426) hospitalizations (401) and intensive care (98) we are going to wait until October 1st to assess the impacts of this variant of COVID-19 before conducting in-person meetings.
The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce operations plan going forward is detailed below. Please note that we may change this plan to ensure the safety and well being of the membership, board members and staff.
- Breakfast Networking Meetings on Thursday mornings will resume October 7th. These meeting will be limited to 40 attendees and if there are more then 40 that register, those that are over the 40 count will have first right of refusal to attend the next scheduled breakfast event. This allows us to ensure there is not an over crowding of our meeting space.
- After Hours Mixers will resume in October as well. We will work with our member hosts to ensure we meet the Chamber and the member businesses policy for these meetings.
- Our Monthly Lunches and General Meetings will resume in October as well.
All Committee meetings will resume in person as required for specific events starting in October.
The Great Canadian Trade Fair & Sale
- The Trade Fair date has been established and will be April 8, 9 and 10, 2022.
- Booking of Trade Fair booths will start November 4th.
Our Golf Tournament will be on June 8, 2022.
The Business awards will be a similar format as last year where we utilize multiple venues for viewing a virtual event. This will take place in late October.
Board Elections have been delayed but we will be accepting nominations in October for a November election.
Meeting room rentals resumed and please call Kara to book your meeting room space.
Certificates of Origin Documents
With the office open 8:30 am to 5pm. Monday through Friday we can process your COO’s but please call ahead to book an appointment.
- Our staff are available Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm but if you have an emergency, please feel free to call Todd Banks anytime at 780-416-3056.
- We have enhanced our “Shop Local” program to assist local businesses recover from the business interruptions over the past 18 months.
The Chamber Board and Staff would like to assure you that we value your membership and all the goods and services you provide to our community. We also understand the considerable stress you are going through, not only as business people but also with your families and friends. If we can help in any way or if you have any thoughts on how we can help you get through these troubling times, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Executive Director Todd Banks at 780-416-3056.
*** All future dates listed are speculative and may change as we will follow Alberta Health Services’ direction and our Chamber’s Board of Directors’ instruction.